Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Music & Me Pt 1, Daughtry- Break the Spell

So how do I actually begin..Music..probably my first love..maybe the love that I am sure will let me be who I need to be at any given time. From the time I was a kid, music has always fascinated me and I mean ALL genres, be it rock,rap, RnB, indie, classical, once it triggers that emotion in me, I'm caught in its spell.

So here i am typing on this keyboard and listening to the new album by Daughtry 'Break the Spell" , transported to several places both past, future and present and I can't help but let a tear roll at the good music i'm listening to. I guess if movies didn't have soundtracks i'd probably not love them as much too cos there's something about an emotional scene or action that is accompanied by a musical piece that kinda tells what that scene is.
Infact when I think about true love, or seeing something beautiful, i am actually also waiting for that soundtrack, that feeling, that music in the background that keeps it real.Whenever it plays, i know i'm on to something beautiful.

If ever there was an Achilles heel for me, its music! I'm listening to 'Crawling back to you' and I reminisce on how certain relationships don't make sense, and somehow whenever u close the door shut, u still open it and let that person in ( crazy!!), but these are emotions experienced by everyone.The power of forgiveness I guess or perhaps making do with what you have cos u haven't found what your looking for (different strokes for different folks).

Then I skip to 'Start of something good' which tells the story of how all the scars you may have born don't matter because for once in your life, the events of your life could be the start of something good.I hereby remain grateful for the little things, the wife, the kids, the job, the joy, the hurt, the pain, everything, realizing how we are not in control of anything and that this life is just a journey and you never know where it might take you.

I then jump to the title track 'Break the spell" and here is where I and music are intertwined wholly. See I am a gemini so i am very complex in my ways, that's why i kind of understand kanye west.He and I are actually Birthday mates lol. My point is, I can be fixated on anything so long as that thing rumbles me chemically.I have to have some sort of connection, feeling, chemistry, curiosity for it and till I find what i am looking for, or lose interest somewhat, that food will always remain on my plate.For instance, I am not a fan of PS3 adventure games, but i've been so addicted to James bond's bloodstone, that I kind of find myself playing it unend and thinking of ways to help Mr Bond complete his mission lol. I also have a weakness for those in need, hurt, pain, emotionally or otherwise like i am an angel sent to heal them or something. I just feel the need to help someway, and i do the best I can till the 'S" is carved of my chest by ground breaking reality, which is- " U can't save them all + it might not be ur place to save them anyways..lol or dude u"ve got problems , sort urs before theirs "

Now I'm listening to "Gone to soon" and i remember certain people who i've lost my grand-mum, my uncle P( one of the funniest uncles ever..more tear drops), and some close people who I loved (sincerely) and lost(dearly). Now don't get me wrong, i'm not that sissy, i could appear unemotional if u get hit by a bus, probably laugh at the shock of it, but MUSIC always releases my true emotions and there I am very vulnerable.


Now I'm on "rescue me" , for which i let out a long sigh and breadth...who doesn't need rescuing???. Sometimes I'm not even sure what I need rescuing from, but i guess i do...life has crazy responsibilities and U try so hard to keep it together, to make sure ur ahead or grounded, it get's worse with age, like a new stage in a computer game.U beat one level, jump the stones, then level two comes with minefields lol.I'm grateful to God for sustaining me this far and for all the blessings I have received.

I now stop at 'everything but me", where I pledge my undying love for music, for her sweet gift, for a shelter to hide my fears, my tears, express my joys, where I make my mistakes( knowing or unknowingly), where I am free to give the world a middle finger if needs be, and just f-ing exist because a Higher power willed it.

Music is where I hold on to All I dream...

Go pick Daughtry's -Break the spell, it's that good. Oh and Drake's 'Take care' album did like  659,000 copies sold.Nice for hip hop, especially when some artists are just selling 9000 copies lol

Cheers y'all.2B continued..ONE!!

  

2 comments:

  1. and by some artistes you mean "soulja boy" right? Goodness help you if i listen to this daughtry thing and it doesn't make sense or is too syrupy...you know you won't hear the last of it right? right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually fat joe too lol.Well if you like rock music , i assure you daughtry is up there, but I welcome the criticism if I'm wrong, bring it on lol

    ReplyDelete